Male tennis players to make headline:
The US Open Championship 2011 will commence from August 29, 2011 and will entertain the spectators through the month of September. This tournament will be played at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center in Flushing Meadows, New York. The USTA announced the names of the some of the most famous and greatest male tennis players who would make the headline in the 2011 US Open tournament. The names are:
- World No. 1 tennis player 2011 and reigning champion of Australian Open 2011 and Wimbledon 2011, Novak Djokovic.
- Reigning US Open 2010 and French Open 2011 champion, Rafael Nadal.
- Five-time US Open champion, Roger Federer
- Former US Open champions and considerably the most popular among the other 101 tennis players who made a direct entry into US Open 2011, Andy Roddick and Juan Martin Del Potro.
Female tennis players to make headline:
The US Open 2011 will experience the colors in the Women Singles tournament as many greatest female tennis players are going to perform after a series of injuries and health crisis. Both men’s and women’s US Open single champions will receive $1.8 million. Tempting! In 2011 US Open, 37 countries will be represented by women. The USTA has announced the names of some of the famous female tennis players who will walk the hard court of US open 2011. Here are their names:
- Reigning Australian Open champion and two time defending US Open champion, Kim Clijsters
- French Open 2011 women champion, Li Na
- Wimbledon 2011 female champion, Kvitova
- 3 times US Open champion, Serena Williams
- US tennis player, Venus Williams
- Russian female tennis player, Maria Sharapova
- Svetlana Kuznetsova
The hottest tennis player, Andy Roddick, is famous for his strong serve. Famous male tennis player Andy Roddick holds the record for serving the fastest serve with a speed of 149mph.Since then, no other tennis player has been able to break Andry Roddick’s fastest serve record. Anyone would love to serve like hot Andy Roddick. The tips to serve powerfully like tennis player Andy Roddick are the following:
1) Andy Roddick’s serve comes from a strong base. You should begin with good practice tactics by putting your weight on the front foot by keeping it an angle of 45-degrees to the baseline.
2) Toss is the most critical part of a good serve. The tennis experts advise the players to hold the balls by using all five fingers with their tips. The beauty of Roddick’s serve is that he shifts the majority of his weight into his back foot and releases the ball with his arm extended fully upwards. During this action he makes sure that he tosses the ball in front of him slightly. After this, he throws his racquet behind him, arches his back and bends his knees while transferring his weight to the front foot.
3) Roddick’s physical strength allows him to create immense power in throwing actions. Roddick swings the ball from low to high and uses both of his feet for jumping forward along with ball. Roddick makes sure that he hits the ball at the peak of his toss to generate more power in his serve.
4) The power in Roddick’s serve comes from the largest groups of muscles: the hips, legs and shoulders. Allow your body weight to throw forward when striking the ball and do not take your eyes off the ball.