They are back. Yes, the trio Djokovic, Federer and Nadal along with other top tennis names return to play the Tennis Masters Rogers Cup in Montreal. Although names like Robing Soderling, Andy Roddick and David Ferrer have pulled out of the biggest prize tournament of Canada but the tennis spectators will enjoy the greatest trivalry of greatest tennis players Federer, Nadal and Djokovic. As per the draws, following matches or clashes can be expected in the Montreal Tennis Masters Rogers Cup:
1) Serbian tennis player Djokovic, the current No.1 tennis player might face Nikolay Davydenko in the second round and Juan Martin Del Potro in the third round before a competitive match with Gael Monfils in the quarters.
2) Del Potro will have to play Marin Cilic and Nieminen and win against them to play against Djokovic.
3) For Monfils to face Djokovic, he will have to deal with American tennis player John Isner and Viktor Troicki.
4) Andy Murray might face Kevin Anderson in the second round before coming on to Wawrinka who defeated Murray in the US Open 2010 however Wawrinka will play his first round match with Nalbandian.
5) The king of clay, the Spaniard Rafael Nadal seems to be in least trouble as he would be opening against Chardy of Dodig before going on to Fernando Verdasco in the third round and then playing Tomas Berdych or Gilles Simon in the quarterfinals.
These are the predictions only as the Trio can be vulnerable to any upset while playing in the Rogers Cup 2011. Stay tuned for live action, scores and updates from August 6, 2011.
Famous male tennis player Robin Soderling is a Swedish professional tennis player who is currently ranked at number 14 in the world of tennis. Robin Soderling is the only player to defeat the Clay King Spanish tennis player Rafael Nadal in the French Open 2009 Grand Slam title where he eventually lost to the greatest tennis player Roger Federer but the 2009 French Open was his best Grand Slam record. Robin Soderling is the only Swedish player to rank in the top 100 in the ATP rankings. In the first tournament of 2010, he created an upset by defeating the world’s top seeded player, Roger Federer. The rivalry of Robin Soderling and Rafael Nadal is very well known. Even though, record is in the favour of Rafael Nadal with a score of 3-2 but their last two encounters were won by Soderling. In year 2010, the Swedish tennis player, Robing Soderling reached 3 finals including the final of Roland Garros for second consecutive year and won two ATP World Tour titles. On record, he won 57 matches during 2010 which helped him attain his present ranking.
Robin Soderling is known for the power game he plays. He plays a power service as well as power ground stroke which makes it difficult for his opponents to break his service. He is one of the very few players on the tour who can play forehand as well as backhand shots with the same power. Even though, he has reached the finals of the 2009 French Open. His best performances have come on the indoor surfaces and hard courts.