How to serve like Serena Williams?
One of the desirable components of tennis is a powerful serve which is in the arsenal of a tennis player. In the present tennis world, greatest female tennis player Serena Williams has come up with a superior serve that she demonstrates in almost every game. You cannot exactly duplicate her serve but learning some of her tricks will help you develop a superior serve. Here are tips to help you serve like famous female tennis player Serena Williams:
1) Toss the ball pointing upwards with open fingers. Tossing a ball with hands spread like an open flower is one technique that not every player uses. This also helps you keep the ball out of alignment and release the ball into air straight up.
2) To harness power from your legs, bend your knees and add that power to your serve. Keep your focus on the ball as you reach up before hitting it. By the use of the deep knee bend, Serena thrusts herself upwards in order to deliver the powerful serve.
3) Serena uses only her upper body to practice serve. This has given her a fast arm as well, which allows her to throw a serve of 90 miles per hour. You can practice the upper body part session by asking someone else to toss the ball for you.
4) While serving, hold the racket with loose wrist. Use only your index finger and thumb to hold the racket as it will tell you how much tension you will need in order to serve.
5) Be confident and study the game of tennis players you admire.