One of the desirable components of tennis is a powerful serve which is in the arsenal of a tennis player. In the present tennis world, greatest female tennis player Serena Williams has come up with a superior serve that she demonstrates in almost every game. You cannot exactly duplicate her serve but learning some of her tricks will help you develop a superior serve. Here are tips to help you serve like famous female tennis player Serena Williams:
1) Toss the ball pointing upwards with open fingers. Tossing a ball with hands spread like an open flower is one technique that not every player uses. This also helps you keep the ball out of alignment and release the ball into air straight up.
2) To harness power from your legs, bend your knees and add that power to your serve. Keep your focus on the ball as you reach up before hitting it. By the use of the deep knee bend, Serena thrusts herself upwards in order to deliver the powerful serve.
3) Serena uses only her upper body to practice serve. This has given her a fast arm as well, which allows her to throw a serve of 90 miles per hour. You can practice the upper body part session by asking someone else to toss the ball for you.
4) While serving, hold the racket with loose wrist. Use only your index finger and thumb to hold the racket as it will tell you how much tension you will need in order to serve.
5) Be confident and study the game of tennis players you admire.
If you brush up on your tennis history, you would never be able to ignore the famous and greatest female tennis player Steffi Graf. She won 22 major events, which is second only to the 24 slam wins of one of the best female players Margaret Court. At the end of her career, Steffi’s match record stood at 902-115. She is the only person to win the Golden Slam and Olympic gold medal. After reading such a grand profile of Steffi, you would surely want to play like her. You might not be able to win the 22 Grand Slams with these tips, but you will surely get a drift of her game. Here is how Steffi Graf plays tennis:
1) Famous female tennis player Steffi mostly used a slice backhand in most of her matches. Graf used to hit over the ball only in her attempt to pass the opponent at the net. The benefit of slice shot is that once it is hit correctly, it neutralizes the fast rally and stays low. The slice shot also skids off the ground which forces the opponent to hit the ball up. Steffi used this skill to her big forehand advantage. Use this slice skill to your advantage as mostly players have problems with low balls.
2) Graf had a monstrous forehand that made her a threat for opponents. If you are a recreational player, there is a chance that you might have a better forehand. In you do have a good forehand, capitalize on it.
3) You need to work consistently on the things you don’t do well in tennis. For example, Graf lacked the backhand drive and volley when she first came on to the court. Steffi Graf then worked on these skills in order to enhance them and won Wimbledon seven times.
Famous tennis player Maria Sharapova is the hottest young tennis player from Russia with an incredibly amazing game. Her grace, style, beauty and amazing athletic talent have won her the hearts of both female and male tennis fans. Maria Sharapova has shown aggressive playing style with lots of grunting. Her serve has been a bit rough lately but she has managed to make it to many semi-finals and finals of the grand slams. If you are a fan of Sharapova, you would love to imitate her playing style. Here is how you can play tennis like Maria Sharapova:
1) One thing for you to follow is screaming out loud every time you hit the ball while playing tennis. This is the trademark of Russian tennis player Maria Sharapova as she yells out ‘yaah’ every time she serves or plays a drop short.
2) Maria Sharapova’s serve is powerful and fast. She easily places aces on her opponents, so you need to make your serve killer and powerful.
3) Try to imitate a few signature moves of Sharapova, which include returning the ball served directly down the line out-of-bounds and power forehands in cross-court.
4) Fans love the Sharapova’s outfits, so you need to dress like her and look attractive along with having good play.
5) Get the sponsorship of Nike as Maria never wears anything without the Nike logo.
6) Keep your accessories neat while you play. Maria has shoulder-length hair, no bangs, and keeps her hair tight in a ponytail during the match.
Maria Sharapova grunts a lot. So we suggest a little less of grunting for you 😉
Famous and greatest male tennis player Roger Federer, the tennis king, has one of the best serves in the game of tennis. Roger’s serve is pretty much like the legendary tennis player Peter Sampras. His serve is powerful, accurate and deceptive to read. Overall, Roger’s serve is very simple, but his vision and consistency give a devastating edge to his serve. Here are the tips to serve like Roger Federer:
1) Use the continental grip to hold your racquet as it will give you a natural arm motion
2) Place yourself 2 feet on the baseline from the center notch.
3) Stand in a position with your feet shoulder-width apart and parallel to the baseline. Now shift your back foot in such a way that its toes come even with the heel of your front shoe.
4) Now put your weight on your front foot. Bounce the ball few times and on the last bounce move your racquet with a slow swing forwards.
5) Now toss the ball into air while keeping your arm straight.
6) Raise your arms as the ball goes into the air in a way that the arms come in line with the upper body and should move with the same speed. With this, keep your racquet at an angle of 90-degree so that the racquet points straight at the sky along with facing down on the baseline.
7) As the ball goes on to the top of its arc, explode the ball and hit with full force.
Remember folks! Federer depended on his serve which eventually led him to win 16 Grand Slams. So work on your serve and no one would be able to stop you from winning!
The hottest tennis player, Andy Roddick, is famous for his strong serve. Famous male tennis player Andy Roddick holds the record for serving the fastest serve with a speed of 149mph.Since then, no other tennis player has been able to break Andry Roddick’s fastest serve record. Anyone would love to serve like hot Andy Roddick. The tips to serve powerfully like tennis player Andy Roddick are the following:
1) Andy Roddick’s serve comes from a strong base. You should begin with good practice tactics by putting your weight on the front foot by keeping it an angle of 45-degrees to the baseline.
2) Toss is the most critical part of a good serve. The tennis experts advise the players to hold the balls by using all five fingers with their tips. The beauty of Roddick’s serve is that he shifts the majority of his weight into his back foot and releases the ball with his arm extended fully upwards. During this action he makes sure that he tosses the ball in front of him slightly. After this, he throws his racquet behind him, arches his back and bends his knees while transferring his weight to the front foot.
3) Roddick’s physical strength allows him to create immense power in throwing actions. Roddick swings the ball from low to high and uses both of his feet for jumping forward along with ball. Roddick makes sure that he hits the ball at the peak of his toss to generate more power in his serve.
4) The power in Roddick’s serve comes from the largest groups of muscles: the hips, legs and shoulders. Allow your body weight to throw forward when striking the ball and do not take your eyes off the ball.
One of the greatest tennis players, Andre Agassi is the tennis players who won all four Grand Slam titles in tennis. To accomplish such a feat you need to have a wide range of skills and talent. If you desire to play like famous male tennis player Andre Agassi then develop and practice the following skills:
1) You need to hone your talent. Agassi possessed amazing eye and hand coordination in the history of tennis. Agassi was one player who could return the winners by returning the half volleys from the baseball. You can also practice this talent. In case you have a solid forehand down the hall, you can use it to your advantage. Agassi’s game was usually built around his baseline strokes.
2) Even though Agassi’s game was very powerful, he wasn’t able to maintain his shape. When Agassi’s tennis ranking fell, he took the services of Gil Reyes to maintain his shape. The better your physical condition is, the better you will be able to play. Keep your reflexes and focus in control along with physical fitness.
3) Play maximum percentages. Although Agassi had amazing talent in playing shots from off the ground, he never based his play on these shots. As the court is wider, the ball would travel in the lower parts of the net which would make it less apt to go out. This overall will create big points. Try to play shots with topspin.
4) Always play your best shots. Agassi had the talent of returning serves. You need to know what your best shot is.
The king of tennis and greatest male tennis player Roger Federer, is an inspiration for everyone. Every tennis lover aspires to be Roger. Fans and critics recognize the absolutely amazing potential of Roger Federer and his game play in tennis. They recognize him as the best thing that has ever happened to tennis world. Roger Federer’s vision and power make him an incredible player and attacker. With his speed and determination, he has turned out to be a tenacious defender. You cannot play exactly like Federer but there are some basic rules you can follow. These rules are:
1) Buy a Wilson (K)Factor (K)Six-One Tour 90 tennis racket. Federer customizes this racket with his own hybrid strings and weights.
2) One thing you need to develop in yourself is to keep yourself cool, clear-headed and controlled over your temper. These are the trademarks of Federer.
3) You need to fix your grips. Federer uses a semi-western grip for his forehand, eastern-backhand grip for topspin backhand along with continental and slice backhands.
4) Focus on serve accuracy instead of power. It’s the spin and placement of Roger’s serves that makes it hard for the opponents to break the serve.
5) Roger’s real asset is his ability to innovate on the court; his creative skills make him play in angles that are never expected by the opponents.
In Roger’s game, one aspect is always dominant and that is his cool and calm temperament. If you excel at not panicking and keeping it calm through the game, the ability to innovate and play will show up automatically.
Famous male tennis player Rafael Nadal is known as the clay specialist. Not only has he displayed his game and mentality extravaganza on clay but he has been performing really well on grass and hard courts as well. His strong physical attributes and game knowledge have helped him to acquire the world no.1 tennis player rank. If you aspire to be the next Nadal, here is what you should follow:
1) You need to have an extraordinary fitness level. Your body will be challenged in a cardiovascular capacity which requires you to increase your body’s resistance and power.
2) You need to work on your racket grips. Being a clay court specialists, Nadal uses western forehands with which the racket is gripped with the palm facing up and the strings of the racket are perpendicular to the ground. This helps the heavy topspin. You have to be very strong in order to benefit from topspin. Nadal has a two-handed backhand but he runs around to play as many forehands as possible.
3) Nadal likes to approach the net and finish the point, which is his common tactic to attack the opponent. His volley is all over the court and this talent makes him different than the other clay court players. You can afford to be defensive on clay court but on other courts you need to be offensive by coming on to the net.
4) Nadal’s serve is not a major strength, but his ability to position the serve and create pace and spin enables him to counter his opponents easily.
5) Last but not the least, Nadal sort of dictates his opponent. Nadal, with his magical placement, makes the opponent move in exactly the manner he wishes. You will have this talent only if you use your creative skills.
The greatest tennis player and legend Pete Sampras, with 14 Grand Slams under his belt, is one of the best male tennis players in tennis history to pick up a racket. Pete was known as the royalty of tennis. With his exceptional play and all-rounder performance, playing like Sampras is pretty close to impossible, but you can still use some of his talents to improve your tennis skills. Use the below tips and play tennis like Sampras:
1) Sampras, due to his extraordinary serve, was known as Pistol Pete. Sampras was not only able to bring heat in his first serve but he had an amazing talent of using his second serve as a weapon. His second serve used to be around 100mph mark routinely. So if you want to play tennis like Sampras, you must have control and accuracy in your serve. If you have a brilliant serve, you won’t even require the aces to claim the game. You have to understand that serve is not about power but it is about placement. Practice serving and try to place every area in the court in order to achieve Sampras skills.
2) Identify your strengths in tennis. Sampras had a huge and strong forehand which failed the opponents completely in tennis. Sampras used to dodge his opponents over his backhand side which he used to lead the opponents to play his forehand, so you need to identify your talent and capitalize on it.
3) Use your mental tactics. When you are playing tennis, assess the opponent. You should notice if your opponent is having problems with your forehand or if he is running down his best shots along with drooping shoulders. If you see any of these signs, take advantage.